4.11.2007

Well that just sucks.

Extensions all around


Sucks big donkey balls if you ask me. Not that I didn't expect it but it still sucks nonetheless. I'm cranky today. Pardon the foul language. Better to vent here than where little ears can hear me.


I understand the premise behind the extensions. I get it. I understand the logistics. Doesn't make it any easier to swallow. What really pisses me off is the people who COULD serve but don't. They decry the fact that our military is stretched, that families are under too much strain and the whole thing is broken. Um, yes it is. But if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the fucking problem. Don't just sit there and Monday-Morning-Quarterback the situation. Get up off your ass and go DO something. Military pay is decent. It's not great but it's enough to make a living. Those who have the gall to sit back and criticize the military and the way things are run and then head off to their minimum wage job while raking in WIC and other government assistance, why don't you join the military. The pay is better. There is health care, and they even provide housing. Just a thought.

Then maybe, just MAYBE, I would have something else to say to my kids when they cry that they miss their daddy other than "me too".


Am I bitter? Yep. Today I am. I'm wallowing and I'm throwing myself a pity party. This kills our 10th anniversary trip to Colorado. MacGyver will miss Princess Trouble's birthday for the second year in a row. He might even miss two Thanksgivings in a row. He'll miss the start of yet another school year. Halloween. All of it. If we're lucky, he'll be home by Christmas. IF. Not that I'm holding my breath. We ALL know that the military tends to underestimate things like extensions and timeframes. And God help anyone who says "well, it's ONLY three more months. You can DO it!"

Yeah, I might have to punch someone's lights out. Seriously.

Dammit. Dammit. Dammit.




Pau.




- hfs

No comments:

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...