5.23.2007

Wednesday poetry break


Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leafs a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

- Robert Frost


I remember watching "The Outsiders" and just being mesmerized by this poem. I love the images that he paints with the words as well as the paradox within. I come away from this with the reminder that even though things change, they are not necessarily devalued by that change. The journey - through circumstance, through life, is the beauty. Not the beginning nor the end.


Such is life.




Pau.




- hfs

1 comment:

Dizzy Dezzi said...

Your post brought back some serious memories of my 6th grade English class. We read/watched The Outsiders and as soon as I could, I shared that experience with my son. Your post inspired me to find the theme song from the movie. I posted it on my blog, but I thought I would give you the link, in case you were interested.

Stay Gold :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EycRNvAHivU

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...