5.31.2007

Video and a few other odds and ends

John of Arrggghhh! has this post up. It has been a rough week and my heart and soul are tired. Thank you, John. And you're right...hugging the kids is much better than a 'rita. They are good for my soul.


Fuzzy and I were discussing the deployment and the emotions and feelings that go along with it. I made the comment that it

"(k)ind of feels like I'm stuck out in the ocean, miles from land, exhausted and having trouble keeping my head above water. With the occasional shark swimming around. And I'm sunburnt."



Not every day is horrible or bad or not good. Some days are just fine. Honestly. Some days are pretty damn good, actually. Which surprises me when I sit down at the end of the day. I didn't expect to have many of those. But I do. And I am grateful for them and I relish in them when they happen.


And some days, some weeks (such as this one), I feel like Sisyphus and the boulder keeps getting heavier and heavier with each bit of bad news that comes to us. This is one of those weeks. I am yearning for yet another of those "damn good days".



And I finally sat down and started messing with Windows Movie Maker and came up with a video. Let me know what you think! Pass it on if you are so inclined...






Pau.




- hfs

No comments: