6.09.2007

Clarification of sorts

With regard to "stumping General Pace"...


I'm not even sure how to start this post. It seems that I gave the impression that I expected General Pace to have the answer to the question I posed.


I did not.


And I'm well-aware of the fact that it is unlikely that I will get an answer from the General OR his staffers. I'm not THAT naive. The fact that I was able to merely POSE the question to the man was worthy of mention. I'm pretty easy to please.


The best part of the morning wasn't the fact that I asked General Pace a question to which he did not know the answer. The best part was being able to draw his attention to Soldiers' Angels. And I don't know if he knows what Soldiers' Angels is or not. For all I know, he could have visited the Soldiers' Angels website just that morning or been on the phone with Patti Patton-Bader the night before. I have no idea.


But on the off chance that he WAS, now he is no longer unaware of Soldiers' Angels.


THAT was the point. THAT was the best part. THAT is what matters.


Not whether General Pace knew the answer as to why the Army is shortchanging its pilots and then scratching its' head as to why said pilots (and crew...thanks for pointing that out Teresa!) are leaving the service like rats fleeing a sinking ship. Not whether one of his staffers gets back to me. None of that is as important as helping Soldiers' Angels become more well-known.


And, who knows? Now that the good General will be looking for things to do with his spare time, maybe he will get in contact with Patti Patton-Bader and go to work for her at Soldiers' Angels.


You never know. Do you?




Pau.




- hfs

No comments: