8.13.2007

Ritalin, please?

I swear, I have ADD. Seriously.


I cannot focus on anything to save my life. I was telling my mother-in-law the other day that I'm amazed that I was able to shave both legs in the shower the other day without getting distracted.


I put my cell phone in the fridge the other day. Took me 1/2 an hour to find the darned thing. I had gone to grab some water and I guess I had it in my hand and set it down on the shelf without realizing it.


I locked my keys in the car (again) the other day too. Thankfully, it was while it was sitting in the driveway at my house and the front door was already open with the spare keys easily accessible to me inside. But still.


I have taken to writing everything down. EVERYTHING. Appointments, commitments, packing lists, schedules, lunch menus for the kids. I have to or else I will forget something. Every night before I go to bed, I write out the things I need to get done (errands) and the things I need to take in the car with me on a Post It note and put it on the front door.


I often feel like I am living the story, "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie". I'll go to get started on something and get distracted by something else. I get 1/2 way through the "something else" and get distracted yet again. And so on. And so on. I'm 1/2 way done with 100 things around the house. And it's driving me crazy. Then I started a list of the things/projects I need to finish up around here and was distracted yet again and never finished the list.


It's sad. Truly. Does anyone have any Ritialin? Oh LOOK! Something shiny...




Pau.




- hfs

3 comments:

Sis B said...

I so completely know what you mean. Especially the shaving BOTH legs in the shower, I swear I have only done one leg several times.

But I would be remiss (and anyone who knows me is shaking their head and saying "there she goes again") if I didn't tell you about the FlyLady. I swear she and her system have saved my life. Well maybe not, but they have saved me and my kids from depression that was threatening to take me down. If you follow her system, I promise you it'll be easier. And you'll still be writing everything down but you'll have the perfect place to do it and things will get easier. She helps you develop good habits, and it seems like you're halfway there already.

Anyway, go visit her at flylady.net. If you check out my profile, I have a blog called "The House Journey" which is all about getting everything back in order, and it's working! Anyway, good luck.

I'm not sure if I've commented before (I may just be a lurker up til now) but I read your blog daily and appreciate your trials as a fellow milspouse. Have a good day and go see the FlyLady! (Her whole system is free unless you want to buy things from her, but you don't have to.)

Linda said...

BTDT! I've locked my kid in the car! And then, the following morning, I DID IT AGAIN! Yeah...this time, I had access to the phone, but no spare key....

And I write things down all the time...and forget to use the list. And I HAVE left the shower with only ONE leg shaved. I've even soaped up my underarms, dropped the shampoo, and then rinsed my underarms, thinking I've already shaved.

Part of life, I suppose!

Ritalin Side Effects said...

My name is Lance Burnet and i would like to show you my personal experience with Ritalin.

I am 56 years old. I have taken Ritalin for 30 years. I have been diagnosed with a mild form of narcolepsy. I use 4 (10 MG ) pills per day. The drug ahs worked wonders and eliminated the drowsiness and sleep attacks. My concern now is the length of time I have been on it. When taking a "drug holiday" it seems like my symptoms are worse.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
rebound effect when dosage wears off.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Lance Burnet