8.17.2007

Somebody shoot me

Just a warning...I'm going to throw one helluva pity party in just a minute. If you don't want to listen/read, close this out now and move on.




You've been warned.




It seems it is now MY turn to be sick. Of course *I* can't do anything half-way so I manage to come down with what looks to be both the flu AND strep throat. Freaking wonderful. Let me tell you, this is JUST what I need right now. (note the sarcasm)


Yesterday was my 10 year wedding anniversary and all I could do when MacGyver called was whine. I'm sure he was thrilled. He sent me the most wonderful letter and rather than enjoy it, all I could do is smile (on the inside because moving HURTS).


My teeth hurt. My ears and throat hurt. It hurts to yawn. My hair hurts. My eyeballs hurt. Every joint in my body aches. Motrin takes the edge off of it but this has all left me exhausted. Hard to take care of a rambunctious 3 and 5 year old when you feel like roadkill. Thankfully, they are wonderful and have been doing their best to "take care" of me. They make sure I have blankets and juice boxes and have done quite a good job of playing by themselves. Thank GOD for the television.


Really...I can't handle this. I've managed to hang on to shreds of my sanity through this god-forsaken deployment through determination and sheer will. I'm tapped. Literally. I am at the end of my rope. I have this overwhelming urge to simply curl up in a ball and sleep until this whole mess is over. I just can't do anymore.


I slept for 11 hours last night and yet I feel worse than when I get 4 hours of sleep. I'm sure I did this to myself. I've not eaten as well as I should have and I know I have not gone to bed as early as I should. And the fact that Little Man has been sick for the past 3 weeks I'm sure didn't help.


Ugh. Ugh. UGH.




Ok, I'm done whining for now. Hopefully this will be the last of it. Please, God, let this be the last of it.




Pau.




- hfs

No comments: