25 Things A Man Should Be Able To Do
I am woman. Hear me ROAR.
1. Patch a radiator hose - YEP
2. Protect your computer - YEP
3. Rescue a boater who has capsized - YEP. I was a lifeguard for 13 years...
4. Frame a wall - NOPE. I can put a frame ON a wall...
5. Retouch digital photos - YEP
6. Back up a trailer - YEP. It's UGLY but I can do it.
7. Build a campfire - YEP
8. Fix a dead outlet - YEP but that's why I have MacGyver and a landlord.
9. Navigate with a map and compass - YEP
10. Use a torque wrench - YEP. I'm married to MacGyver.
11. Sharpen a knife - YEP
12. Perform CPR - YEP. Actually HAD to once.
13. Fillet a fish - YEP but ew.
14. Maneuver a car out of a skid - YEP. I lived in Alaska for 3 years. Maneuvering out of a skid is 2nd nature.
15. Get a car unstuck - YEP. See above.
16. Back up data - YEP
17. Paint a room - YEP
18. Mix concrete - Never have. Probably could, just never had a reason to do so.
19. Clean a bolt-action rifle - NOPE. Not yet, at least.
20. Change oil and filter - YEP
21. Hook up an HDTV - YEP. I'm assuming the darned thing comes with an instruction manual?
22. Bleed brakes - YEP but I usually let MacGyver do that.
23. Paddle a canoe - YEP
24. Fix a bike flat - YEP
25. Extend your wireless network - NOPE. I leave that to MacGyver
Stolen shamelessly from John.
Wrote this six years ago. Nothing's changed. One of my favorite movies is 'Bull Durham'. And one of my favorite scenes in ...
LETTER ON WHETHER TO BECOME AN AIR FORCE PILOT...... OR A NAVAL AVIATOR...... The piece is written by Bob Norris, a former Naval aviator wh...
No one gets away with more than me. I am a Warrant Officer - a corrupter of soldiers. As a Warrant Officer, I realize that I am a member of ...
When I last lived in Southern California, about 7 years ago, I had the opportunity to go on a tour of The Gamble House in Pasadena. My fath...