9.20.2007

Been there, done that

25 Things A Man Should Be Able To Do


I am woman. Hear me ROAR.


1. Patch a radiator hose - YEP
2. Protect your computer - YEP
3. Rescue a boater who has capsized - YEP. I was a lifeguard for 13 years...
4. Frame a wall - NOPE. I can put a frame ON a wall...
5. Retouch digital photos - YEP
6. Back up a trailer - YEP. It's UGLY but I can do it.
7. Build a campfire - YEP
8. Fix a dead outlet - YEP but that's why I have MacGyver and a landlord.
9. Navigate with a map and compass - YEP
10. Use a torque wrench - YEP. I'm married to MacGyver.
11. Sharpen a knife - YEP
12. Perform CPR - YEP. Actually HAD to once.
13. Fillet a fish - YEP but ew.
14. Maneuver a car out of a skid - YEP. I lived in Alaska for 3 years. Maneuvering out of a skid is 2nd nature.
15. Get a car unstuck - YEP. See above.
16. Back up data - YEP
17. Paint a room - YEP
18. Mix concrete - Never have. Probably could, just never had a reason to do so.
19. Clean a bolt-action rifle - NOPE. Not yet, at least.
20. Change oil and filter - YEP
21. Hook up an HDTV - YEP. I'm assuming the darned thing comes with an instruction manual?
22. Bleed brakes - YEP but I usually let MacGyver do that.
23. Paddle a canoe - YEP
24. Fix a bike flat - YEP
25. Extend your wireless network - NOPE. I leave that to MacGyver



Stolen shamelessly from John.



Pau.




- hfs

No comments:

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...