9.08.2007

Reading my mind

Cassandra over at Villainous Company reaches in and pulls out my thoughts.


You have to read this. It's incredible.


As time passed and I stretched my wings, I became more confident. Free of the necessity to accommodate another adult, I reordered my life to suit me. I had time to do things I couldn't do when he was home. There were advantages to being alone, as well as drawbacks.

And I counted the days, and as I grew and changed, I tried not to grow too far apart from the woman I had been before my husband left. Because that is the danger; when you put your feelings on the shelf, when you try to cope well, there is always the risk of overcompensating, of forgetting how very much you need that person on the other side of the world.



Just...wow. Thanks, Cassandra.




Pau.




- hfs

No comments:

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...