10.26.2007

Seriously.

Why is it that when I go to the commissary, I manage to get stuck behind the stupid people? Seriously.


I had to run today to grab a few things for our potluck tonight and I managed to get stuck behind this couple that insisted on parking their shopping cart smack in the middle of the aisle. Seriously.


Every. Single. Time.


I finally got fed up and simply shoved my way past their cart as it sat in the middle of the aisle while they debated over CocoaPuffs and Captain Crunch. Good grief, people.


And why is it that no one on this island comprehends the difference between a "yield" sign and a "merge" sign? It's really not that freaking hard. A yield sign is like a stop sign if there is cross-traffic present. You STOP and you WAIT until the cross-traffic is GONE. A merge sign means that you blend in with the lane of traffic that has the right of way. They are DIFFERENT.


Seriously.


As I was heading to the commissary, there is a part of the road (off post) that has a lane that takes traffic from another road and directs it on to the road I was on. At the juncture, there is a YIELD sign. Not a merge sign. So I'm moving slowly along the road (there was traffic) and this guy comes up to the YIELD sign on his road. He stopped and then proceeded to try to pull out in front of me. I was trying to move forward as much as possible to give the idiots behind me a chance to get OUT of the way of oncoming traffic (because they were idiots and blocked the intersection while making their left hand turn) and was NOT obligated to let the guy at the Yield sign in front of me.


So I didn't.


He didn't like that and tried to cut me off.


I didn't like that.


So I rolled my window down and told him to back off.


He didn't like that and told me where to go and what to do when I got there.


I didn't let him in front of me. It's just a car and *I* had the right-of-way. So, had he hit me, not only would he have had to have dealt with a pissed-off red head, he would have to foot the bill to repair the damage to my car.


If you're going to argue with me, get your facts straight first, genius.


Seriously.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
All good things must come to an end. Or so they say. I think that's bullshit but hey, who am I to tell people how to run their lives?


A few weeks ago a blogger that I admire deeply, Andi (formerly of "Andi's World"), decided to stop blogging at her personal blog. She did so because she has so many other irons in the fire (SpouseBUZZ, MilBlogs, SpouseBUZZ Live, etc.) so it's not like she's disappearing off the face of the earth.


Ok, fine. I can handle that. Seriously.


Then, another blogger that I admire deeply, Cassandra, decided to hang it up. I don't know the details surrounding her decision and, though I respect it, I sure don't like it. But that's ok. She guest-blogs at others' blogs occasionally so I can still get a fix of her wit and intelligence.


Then, today, Lex decides to 'go sinker'.


You all are killing me.


Seriously.




(I'm half-joking. I completely understand that "real life" takes precedence and that there are more important things than blogging and I wish each one of you the best in everything. Now I just have to go find other blogs to read and love. *sniff*)




Pau.




- hfs

No comments:

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...