11.27.2007

SpouseBUZZ Live 3 - airport blogging

I'm off on the first leg of my adventure to SpouseBUZZ Live 3 in Fayetteville, North Carolina. Even though I'm simply sitting at the gate, waiting to board, the adventure has already begun. It's a sad state of affairs when your carry-on (in my case, a computer backpack) weighs more than your actual suitcase. Such is life these days, right?


I've come to the conclusion that airport security is of the devil. There really is no rhyme, reason, or common sense to any of it. The poor couple in front of me were about stripped searched because the bar of soap in their carry-on set off an alarm somewhere. We can put a man on the moon but we can't come up with sensors that can tell the difference between Dove soap and C4??? Really?


I'm currently being "observed" by an older gentleman (tourist, I assume based on the manner of clothing he is wearing) who seems to be fascinated by the fact that I have my laptop up an running, plugged in to the outlet next to my seat, while talking on my cell phone getting directions to my BIL's house from the airport. I didn't realize that was such an oddity. Huh. Maybe I should charge admission?


It's an 8-hour flight to my layover. I plan to knock myself out and sleep. Hopefully I won't be dragging by the time I get to the actual event. It's not like there's a lot to look at while you're over the Pacific Ocean. At night.


Right?


Stay out of trouble and I'll post again when I get to the mainland!




Pau.




- hfs

No comments:

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...