12.04.2007

Mele Kalikimaka

Boxes of Christmas decorations? Check.

Boxes of lights? Check.

Hot cocoa? Check.

Christmas tunes on the radio? Check.

Air conditioner on full blast? Check.




Welcome to Christmas, Hawaiian style. This will be our 3rd Christmas since living in the island state and I find myself oddly getting used to the way things happen around here during the holidays. We have Santa flashing the "shaka"...


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


We have boat parades in the marina down at Hawaii Kai...


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


We have temps in the 70s and 80s and high surf on the North Shore. It's great. A little odd but great. So I'm off to turn up the "Mele Kalikimaka" and start setting up the train around the tree. And then I think I'll try out a recipe for iced cocoa. Mmmm...




Pau.




- hfs

No comments: