12.22.2007

My Christmas gift

Merry Christmas to ME!!! I have laryngitis.




In the days before my 18th birthday, I had a cold. I woke up on my 18th birthday, walked into the living room, went to say good morning to my parents and all I could muster was a hoarse squeak. It was pathetic. So I spent my 18th birthday silent.


For those of you who know me personally, you know how big of a deal that was. Nothing short of a miracle.


Ever since, ever significant cold I get goes right to my vocal cords. I'd say I've lost my voice 10 times since the first time. Once, I even lost it prior to state swimming championships. It was interesting to coach a swim team with no voice.


Last week, Little Man was kind enough to share his cold with me. And of course, it went right to my voice. I think God is trying to tell me something.


Time for me to shut up.


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Thank you so much for all of your love and support this year. See you in 2008!




Pau.




- hfs

No comments:

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...