1.12.2008

Dog.

Little Man is sick as one.


A month ago, he caught a cold. Over the course of our Christmas trip to the mainland, it started to go away and then resurfaced with a vengeance. Poor kids has a horrible cough, horrible head congestion (and drainage...ew!), goopy eyes, earaches. You name it - he has it.


We're now a month into this whole thing and it's not getting better...it's getting worse. The other day, he added a tummyache and a fever to the mix. Lovely.


So, off to the doc we went. She didn't seem to be all that concerned that this has been going on for a month (*I* am). She didn't notice anything abnormal with his tummy, his ears, his eyes, or his throat. She swabbed him for strep but I'm doubtful that it will show anything. She sent us home with a prescription for an antibiotic (begrudgingly...she didn't think he needed it but I pushed) and instructions to push fluids and keep his temperature in check with Motrin and Tylenol.


I don't know how much of the antibiotic I've managed to get into him - he's bounced it all back up, all day long. I don't know what else to do for him. And I feel so badly for him. He just wants to be healthy and go play. He tries but doesn't last long. He was so tired yesterday and today that he actually put himself to bed for a nap twice. You know the boy isn't feeling good when he puts himself to sleep.


We'll keep a watchful eye on him this weekend and if he's not better by Monday, we'll be back at the doctor's office. Though I don't know what else we can do for him. *sigh*


It's so hard when they are sick and you can't make it better.




Pau.




- hfs

No comments:

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...