3.19.2008

Not ready to end the fight

Given that we are observing the five year mark of the beginning of Operation Iraqi Freedom, I thought this video was rather appropriate.


There has been a lot said about it all...where we were, what we were doing, and how we think it might end. Personally, I don't remember where I was or what I was doing - not the details, at least. I do know MacGyver was in flight school after having made the commitment to stay in the military. Said commitment was made after 9/11, knowing full-well that fighting in this war was now a given at some point in the near future. Until then, we had been blessed to never have endured a deployment. But there he stood saying, in essence, "Yes. I'll go. Send me."


I could not have been more proud. Of him or the rest of our military forces.


Like Kat said I, too, am the one. Thank you.




Pau.




- hfs

No comments:

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...