5.09.2008

Pictures from DC

Since Bill was getting a little antsy...



The lot of us in front of the White House. I think we were still in shock over the whole thing at this point.




Secretary of Defense, Robert Gates. He was accosted by a woman who got lost on her way to the Kentucky Derby. Either that or she was a Code Pinko spy. Not sure which. She definitely stood out though. Actually, the hat was lovely - just unique.




Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States. This is, unfortunately, as close to him as I was able to get. Had I been more aggressive, I might have been able to shake his hand but that's ok - just being there was more than enough for me.



General Cody, Vice Chief of Staff of the Army. Former 160th commander, Master Aviator (told me to have MacGyver call him when he hits 5,000 hours). Impressive man. I think, in many ways, I was more excited to meet him than to meet the President. Can you tell I'm a fan?




The Washington Monument from the South Lawn. I think the only regret I had about this trip was the lack of time I had. I do so wish I had the time to tour D.C. properly. I went my senior year in high school and even THAT week wasn't enough time to see everything I wanted to see. I would have liked to have been able to visit Arlington National Cemetery and some friends that are buried there. I would have loved to have been able to get over to the Smithsonian and visit my brother. I would have loved to have seen the WWII memorial for the first time, in addition to seeing all of the other monuments I've seen before.


Next time.




Pau.




- hfs

6 comments:

billt said...

What's with the *antsy* bit? I thought you and Cassie were panicking over Itsy-Bitsy *Spider*.

Heh. Tell Gates to call me when he hits 6,500 hours...

Army Wife said...

ya know Cody was the one that wanted to put a kabosh on blogging...

and I so wanted to tell him

"hello I am a blogger"

maybe ask him to arm wrestle!!

He was very nice!!

Homefront Six said...

I did not know he was the one behind the idea. I'm sure he wasn't the only one though I would have paid large quantities of cash to see you arm wrestle him! I bet, after all that work on the house, you would have beat him too!


Bill ~ if 5,000 hours makes you a Master Aviator, does 6,500 make you God?

Cassandra said...

Nah. She was tracking the spider across the lawn - I was totally impressed! I would never have seen it if she hadn't said anything. She was laughing at the way it was coming after me.

And it was just a little spider. I was just teasing about the womyn-eating spider thing. It was just funny the way it headed straight for me after I brushed it off that woman's back - it really had to go a loooooooong way. Too funny.

Homefront Six said...

Cass ~ I should have taken a picture of it! He was a determined little bugger, wasn't he? Thankfully he didn't bite you on the ass - that would have made for one hell of an "Ass of Life" post!

Jen said...

GEN Cody....oh, someday, I'll have to show you the pics I have of the good general from our regimental days, when he was only a wee COL.

He's very nice, because that's how you become a 4 star. Don't be fooled, L! ;)

Glad you had a good time!

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...