8.22.2008

Subbing - Day 1

Like riding a bicycle. It felt good to be back in the classroom again, even if it wasn't mine. Things went well and not only did one of the kids tell me that I was one of the best subs they had ever had, the teacher took down my name and number and said she'd love to have me sub again when she needs me.


*note to self...print business cards!*


I got off a little easy. This teacher didn't have a first period and her last period of the day was her planning period. So I only had 4 out of a possible 6 classes. AND Fridays are one of the short days. But it all went well and I learned a lot.


Most importantly I learned that I still remember how to do it. Woohoo! easiset $150 I've made in a long time!




Pau.




- hfs

6 comments:

Jen said...

YAY! Glad you had a great day!

BillT said...

Do *not* put the blog on your card.

If they find out you think it's fun, they'll ask you to pay *them* to sub...

tammi said...

There was never a doubt in my mind....I knew you'd ROCK!!

Good for you!

Barb said...

That's awesome! I knew you would be fine :-)

Andrew and Leigh said...

Hooray!

U.S. Navy Wife said...

$150? At the High School where I sub, I'm paid $55/day. I think the TX cost of living is somewhat lower than HI, though.