9.19.2008

Cool thing #1 about the MilBlogging Conference

The MilBlogging Conference (henceforth known as MBC because I'm too lazy to type out "MilBlogging Conference" each time) is being held here in Vegas in conjunction with BlogWorld Expo. Which means that there are not only going to be all sorts of cool milbloggers hanging around, there are also going to be some very cool "mainstream" bloggers (is that an oxymoron anymore?) hanging around.

Case in point: I went over to the convention center to register early as I am planning to help out at the registration table for tomorrow's MBC. Didn't want to get stuck in any more crowds than is absolutely necessary on this trip (which is another post in and of itself). As I'm walking in, I see none other than Hugh Hewitt off to my right on the phone. I must have been staring at him because he looked up and smiled and gave a small wave.

Eek! Too cool! He's one of my favorite bloggers/radio talk show hosts (I'm hoping to meet Dennis Praeger as well...eat your heart out, Jay) so this was definitely a highlight. Listen to me...I sound like a goofy 10 year old at a Miley Cyrus concert. Sheesh.


It was still cool though.


Stay tuned for more updates...




Pau.




- hfs

6 comments:

DL Sly said...

"Listen to me...I sound like a goofy 10 year old at a Miley Cyrus concert. Sheesh."

You say that like it's a *bad* thing.....I'll have you know that SWHNOB will not be pleased.
heh
0>;~}

Homefront Six said...

Heh. Were your ears burning this evening? They should have been...

Wish you were here.

A Soldier's Wife..... said...

Lets see, love the layout, have a beer for me, throw some dice, lose about ten bucks...be safe, meet great people, learn something new, and have a blast....wish I could be there....

~asw

tammi said...

Aaarrrrrggghhhhh!!

I am so jealous I can't get a damned thing done. Thinkin' about y'all and all the fun you're having...........

DL Sly said...

I wouldn't believe a darn thing *they* said if I were you.....
*They're* just trying to ruin my reputation.
0>;~}

∞i said...

Grab a sharpie and get a few autographs on the top of your computer.