9.15.2008

Grr.

UPDATE: *whew* Seems to be fixed! Barb - you are my hero! Beer's on me in Vegas! If you happen to stumble over an archive whose text is too long for the dimensions of the new layout, you'll see the blog layout go wonky. If I had more time on my hands, I'd go back and edit all of the offending posts...but I don't. SO you're out of luck. Sorry. I have to pack!

*~*~*~*~*~*

The new template I want to use for my blog is giving me FITS. I'm about ready to chuck it and just stick with the old tried and true basic blogger template. What's really frustrating is that when I preview the code in my test blog, it looks JUST FINE.


When I copy and paste (altering NOTHING) to damn code to my regular blog, it's FUBARd.


I. DON'T. GET. IT.


I know just enough .html to be dangerous. Which isn't a good thing. Thank goodness for the "preview" option! I've narrowed it down to a slice of code that seems to be causing the problem (though I can't be 100% sure so I'm still digging through the rest of the code) but I can't figure out what to DO about it.




GRR.




Pau.




- hfs

2 comments:

loquita said...

Check out this open source tool that you can use to easily view differences in two text files. That might be helpful in narrowing down what's different between the test blog and the real one.
http://www.winmerge.org/

Hope that helps, and good luck!

Barb said...

Yay! That looks awesome :-)