10.23.2008

Stalled. And slammed.

Please forgive the paucity of posting lately. I was stalled before my dad died and his passing has just kind of knocked me back on my heels a bit.

Work has picked up, which is good. But I'm finding that I am stingy with my free time and jumping back into the working world isn't as easy as I thought. But the money is good so I can't complain.

MacGyver is still home on convalescent leave. His shoulder is healing nicely, as far as I can tell. He'll start physical therapy in a few weeks. In the mean time, he's trying to find things to keep himself busy which can be interesting. Currently, he's trying to repair our dead fridge which has led him to an instructional video on YouTube given by a guy in India about repairing refrigerator compressors.

MacGyver has outsourced himself to India. Lovely.

Went camping with a bunch of the teens from church. I like camping (definitely my father's daughter on this one. Mom doesn't do activities that don't have running water and indoor plumbing.) and we had a blast. Literally. I think I lost a few freckles from all of the blowing sand (we camped at the beach). But it was a blast, nonetheless.

The FRG is coming along pretty well. Several spouses have stepped up to get involved which has been a huge blessing. My co-leader (yay!) has more ideas than there are minutes in the day and is an excellent salesperson, solicitor, and volunteer-getter. I'm just the admin. Which is just fine with me.

I've stepped up to take on the Military Ministry at our church and we kick that off here soon. I'm hoping to do just half as well as the woman that started this ministry and I'm excited to be doing this BEFORE my husband deploys again next year.

And, in case I didn't have enough to do with my free time (all 13 seconds of it!) I've also agreed to head up the Christmas play. Whee!

Is it New Year's yet?!?


Seriously. I'm tapped. I'm trying to cut a few things out - the side job, gymnastics for the kids, etc. but I still feeling like I'm treading water in combat boots. I'm sure part of this is the fallout from dad dying? I don't know. Again, I apologize for the lack of posting. I'm stalled.




Pau.




- hfs

5 comments:

liberal army wife said...

glad you are back... and jeez, girl, think you have ENOUGH on your plate there!!!!!!!! ? don't forget to give yourself a few minutes a day to breathe, to focus on you. YOU! not the kids, FRG, church, school. You. it's a healthy thing to do. This is where you can see if there's a little thing here that isn't right, a little thing that doesn't feel good, a little thing that maybe isn't what you want to be doing.

So my dear friend, breathe. for just 5 minutes, breathe.

LAW

Michelle said...

Oh honey!!! You have definately taken on an elephant or is it two?? Utilize those "big kids" at church--and MacGyver while he is on leave :) Wish I could be there to help, but even if I was I am not too sure if I would be all that helpful waddling around :) I am always here for venting!

Homefront Six said...

Thanks :) When I look at it on paper, so to speak, it looks ridiculous. I didn't even mention Awana, a Bible Study I'm involved in, being on the "Ball Planning Committee" for the BN, Ohana Group...Ugh! Tonight is the first night in weeks that we have NOTHING going on.

Ridiculous.

Gymnastics ends next month. Bible Study ends before Thanksgiving. Ball is at the beginning of December...that should help ease my insanity a bit.

I hope.

Andrew and Leigh said...

Miss you. And your always crazy life. :)

Val said...

Busy or not, just don't forget to be gentle with yourself. Grief is hard work.