12.07.2008

Ball

Ball has come and gone. And it was fun. It was a lot of fun.


I've been to many balls in my life: fraternity formals, ROTC balls, Warrant Officer ball, Aviation Balls. All were ok. A few were fun.


This one was the best.


And the Cav guys behaved. Mostly.



Photobucket
The Hillclimber grog. In a bubble window, no less.


Photobucket
The head of the Hillclimber Veterans' Association flew in for the ball.


Photobucket
One of the reasons it was such a good time was because of good friends.


Photobucket
One of the biggest reasons that ball was so successful was because of this guy. And as a thank you, he got to re-rearrange the "fruit salad" on his coat. Guess he shouldn't have taken it off in the first place.


Photobucket
Ok, maybe the Cav guys didn't behave...


Photobucket
Of course, when the troop commander misbehaves, it's 'monkey see, monkey do'.


Photobucket
The shirt says "Party Shirt. My HOT date". Heh.



Photobucket
And it just went downhill from there.


I have no decent shots from Nashville's primarily because I was unable to figure out how to operate the camera by that point in the evening. Thank goodness for my designated driver or else I'd still be down there. Heh.


And formal portraits are pending...because we forgot to pick them up at the end of the evening. Whoops.




Pau.




- hfs

15 comments:

DL Sly said...

Niiiiice hat!!!
0>;~}

BillT said...

Niiiiice hat!!!

Sorry, Sly -- they don't make 'em with pointy tops.

Ummmm -- kind of a miniscule punchbowl, there, HF6. Back in The Day, it would've been the shipping container for a transmission.

Thoroughly steam-cleaned *first*, of course...

Homefront Six said...

Bill ~ they took all of the company and troop grogs and combined them into a 55-gallon fishtank.

I have a picture of ours being added but it came out blurry. Not sure why that happened...

DL Sly said...

I only have to wear the pointy hat at Cassandra's place.
My work and *going to town* hats are both Stetson's.
heh
I think my Wardrobe Mistress needs to be working on *aquiring* one of those hats......
0>;~}

Homefront Six said...

I tried to *acquire* one Friday night but the Cav guys cried. It was pathetic.

BillT said...

Ewww. Never take a Cav guy's hat -- you get KW cooties!

And my work hat and my going to town hat and my running for the bunker hat are all the same Pakistani bush hat. And it *shows*...

DL Sly said...

"...Pakistani bush hat."

Oh, man!.....So not fair....see this is how the internal conversation goes:

Evil Twin: Oh, geez he wrote that! I could have a seriously good time snarking that!

Me: No, better don't....this is HF6's page.....

Evil Twin: Yeah, but that's soo ripe, c'mon, I gotta say somethin' snarkilicious. Oh, I know! I have the perfect thing.....

Me: No!! HF6 is a nice, Christian woman, you can't say that!

And then either my head explodes or I get a severe scolding from the blog owner.....
*sigh*
0>;~\

Homefront Six said...

The only scolding you're going to get from me is that you didn't have the guts to do it.

I dare you.

Cassandra said...

I love the photos! Gorgeous dress HF6 - she's a one woman Blue Hawaiian!

DL Sly said...

"...Pakistani bush hat."

A hat? I've heard of *hirsute*, but that one takes the, um.....cake.....so, did ya have enough for dreadlocks to cover your ears or did you leave it short and curly?

0>;~}

Homefront Six said...

Heh. That is SO not where I thought you were going with that comment.


Cass ~ I was definitely a Blue Hawaiian. Inside and out - all that alcohol...eesh.

DL Sly said...

Couldn't just take *friendly* advice, eh?
That'll learn ya, durn ya.
heh
0>;~}

Homefront Six said...

Oh no, I'm just surprised that you *didn't* go where I thought you'd go.

DL Sly said...

Now, ya see, I remember that Mrs. HF6's Mother reads here, too.....well, that and I try to not leave enough *evidence* to remove plausible deniability.

BillT said...

...I try to not leave enough *evidence* to remove plausible deniability.

Right. Like, the typically convoluted sentence structure is *camouflage*?