12.27.2008

This and that

*whew*

What. A. Year.


Here's hoping that 2009 isn't quite so...crazy. I spent the last 1/2 of 2008 feeling as though I was drowning. My goal is to avoid that in 2009. Don't get me wrong - I can't stand to stand still. As much of a homebody as I am, I have to get out of the house on a regular basis - even if it's only to hit Starbucks or the beach. But there were weeks where we only had 1 meal together at home and that is not acceptable.


So 2009 will be calmer. More even. Less insane.


Yeah, right. Who am I kidding?

You’re not gonna be happy unless you’re going Mach 2 with your hair on fire.

But I'll try.


I finally got my Christmas cards ordered. Don't judge. Not only do they say "Merry Christmas", they also say "Happy New Year" and, since it's not quite the new year, I'm ok. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself. Once they get here, I'll get them addressed and sent out with our annual update letter. And then it will be time for our local NYE tradition of Old Spaghetti Factory, catching the City Lights on the last night before they take them down, and then ringing in the new year lighting off fireworks with friends from church.


In the meantime, the house needs a thorough cleaning (and de-cluttering), I have a sewing machine that is begging to be used, and I might even get back into blogging a bit more. Who knows? I have several mainland trips coming up this year that I am looking forward to. Might even be able to get me some In-N-Out AND some Beau Jo's pizza. YUMMO! And there's a possible Dining In coming up as well. THAT should be interesting...


So stay outta trouble people! And no one fall over from the shock of the fact that I posted twice in one day.




Pau.




- hfs

5 comments:

jupiter family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BillT said...

I'll get them addressed and sent out with our annual update letter... [and] I have a sewing machine that is begging to be used...

Ooooh! Sew the updates to the cards!

Geez, just *think* of the extra points everybody will get!

Homefront Six said...

Smart ass.

Michelle said...

Beau Jo's pizza---MMMMMMM--haven't had that for ages!!!!

BillT said...

What's a pizza? Is it something you could make with barbecued goat or toasted camel spiders?

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...