3.23.2009

The first summer that we were here (2005), I made a list of things I wanted to do while we were here. It was up on my MySpace page and I just stumbled across it today. The items in BOLD are things I can check off the list.

- beaches : Sunset, Turtle Bay, Eternity Beach, Kailua, beaches further up the coast from Turtle Bay, Yokohama Beach, (those are the ones I have yet to visit)
- Audubon Society
- Polynesian Cultural Center
- Sea Life Park (we've been but the kids want to go again)

- magic island
- circle island tour by bus
- I want to hit every library on the island
- museum at Schofield Barracks
- drive Kolekole Pass

- snorkle Haunama Bay
- I want to hit all of the botanical gardens on the island (done 3 so far)
- whale watching cruise
- horseback riding at Kualoa Ranch
- hike up to Manoa Falls
- hike Diamond Head
- Friday fireworks in Waikiki
- ride the Duck Mobile
- go to a polo game up in Mokuleia
- Makapu'u tidepools
- go kayaking
- Contemporary Art Museum
- Hawaii State Art Museum
- Friday Art Walks down in Honolulu
- Hawaii Nature Center
- Byodo in-Temple
- hike to Makapu'u lighthouse
- hike old Pali road
- hike the Maunawili Falls trail
- hike Judd trail
- tour I'olani Palace
- catch the dolphin show at the Mandarin Oriental hotel
- visit the blowhole
- Pearl Harbor
- USS Bowfin
- USS Missouri (I've actually been on it while it was still in service but not since it was decommissioned)
- go torching on the North Shore


Not bad. The kids are on Spring Break this week and next plus I'll have with me a couple of teens from church (their mom works and she doesn't want them loafing about at home). So I think we're going to tackle a few more items on the list. Time to scope out a beach or two that we've not hit yet.

The tidepools will happen in a few weeks - Princess Trouble's class will be going on a field trip. And I need to add to the list:

- Pacific Air Museum
- snorkel Haunama Bay at NIGHT
- skydive


I'm sure there is more. That's all my brain can come up with at the moment. So now it's time to decide what to do this week and next!




Pau.




- hfs

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I didn't know you could snorkel Haunama Bay at NIGHT--I thought they closed at 6pm or something

Pogue said...

Uhhh... Isn't night large toothed fish feeding time?

Homefront Six said...

One night a week they open the park up from 6pm to 10pm for night snorkeling. I'm not sure what night of the week it is though.

Pogue ~ any time of the day around here is large-toothed fish feeding time. The fish in the bay tend to be too small (and it's too shallow) to bother with.

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...