3.27.2009

SpouseBuzz Organizational Challenge - March

This month's challenge is the car. For me, not too tough. I tend to keep my car pretty tidy. My kids and my husband tend to mess it up.

In fact, some would say I'm OCD about my car. That's possible...


BEFORE: (we had just come home from the beach)

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
One of the biggest challenges in my car is keeping the random papers - receipts primarily - under control. They wind up EVERYWHERE.


Photobucket
Everywhere.


AFTER:
Photobucket
This is the little area where the headrests for the 3rd row are supposed to be stored. But I don't use the headrests on the third row so I took them out and now I use this space for storage. Because we spend a lot of time at the beach, I have a change of clothes for the kids as well as an extra towel in here.


Photobucket
I also keep some basic tools back here as well along with jumper cables and hazard markers/reflectors and a good flashlight.


Photobucket
My first aid kit. I use a toiletry bag - it's nice and compact. I don't have anything remarkable in there - just basic supplies: bandaids in all sorts of shapes and sizes, steri-strips, an ice pack, scissors, tape, a face shield, lots of rubber gloves, Motrin, Tylenol, Bendryl, etc. Just in case.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
The best way I've found to keep the random papers in order is with a small accordian file. It tucks right into the center console or into the glove box. No more papers flying about when I drive with the windows down!


This month's prize is a doozy - an XM satellite system. You have to have participated in 10 out of the 12 challenges by the end of the year. If you've missed January and February, you can still participate! Entries are due by March 31st so get moving!




Pau.




- hfs

No comments:

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...