4.07.2009

New look

Other than that, nothing's really changed.


Hope you like it. Let me know if there are any glitches though, from what I can tell, it looks good on both Mac and PC - running Safari, Firefox, and IE. I've not tried it on Chrome because, well, I don't like Chrome and I don't know anyone who uses it. I don't *like* IE but I know people who use it so I tested it out.


The month of April is INSANE. I blinked and March was gone. I have a feeling April's going to be the same way. Looking forward to seeing some old friends at the MilBlogging Conference in a few weeks. Still trying to find away around the panic attacks that inevitably come when I fly. Hate those. Seems my baby girl managed to inherit those from me.


Lucky her. Thankfully I know what she's dealing with and hopefully we can find a way to work it all out.


MacGyver's shoulder continues to mend, though slowly. He plateaued for a while but I think he's back to making progress in the rehab department. We'll see once we meet with the ortho surgeon again.


Life in Hawaii is still good. Spring Break was pretty much rained out but we did manage to squeeze in a little time at the beach, a dip in the pool at the Hale Koa, and a hike to Kaena Point. I should have time this weekend to sit down and put some pictures up.


And now it's time for bed.




Pau.




- hfs

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

I found your blog while looking for other military spouse blogs and discovered that you're currently in Hawaii, like me. Your blog is so well-written and lovely. I am looking forward to popping in now and then to see what you've written...Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

This works fine on mac using safari. But the black bow is annoying, since I have to scroll the text to get it above or below the bow to read.

Otherwise, I like it. Maybe the left margin could be moved in a tad to avoid the bow?

Of course, your old format was a nice reminder of your location. For those of us who don't live in paradise, it is a nice reminder that someone we know does....

Starry-I'd

Homefront Six said...

I know - the bow annoys me too. Right now, because this is a preformatted background, there isn't a way for me to tweak the margins. I'm hoping the creator comes out with a 3-column format on this one. We'll see.

I hear you on the beachy background...and it may come back eventually. But after 4 years here, I'm looking for a change in scenery. I'll just have to take (and POST) more pictures of the local scenery!

Code Monkey said...

I tried it in Chrome and Opera just to cover the "obscure browser" crowd. Outside of the bow, it's good. It's really fast too.

Of course, being me, I'm looking to see if the bow can't be nudged out of the way...

Homefront Six said...

Tiffany ~ welcome! Glad to have you stop by!

Code Monkey ~ feel free to tweak away. If you can nudge the bow out of the way, that would be outstanding!

I used to love Opera. I think I still have it on my Dell. But there were several pages I went to that didn't play nice with Opera and then I met FF. The rest was history.

liberal army wife said...

the bow... well... it gets in the way a little, but other than that. very nice.

LAW

Mary said...

As a calligrapher, I'm interested in the right side decoration - is there any way you can find out if this is some sort of traditional "pointed pen" work or just doodles?

TIA

Oh, and I'm not sure I like the bow thing either :)

Code Monkey said...

FF and I broke up a while back when it kept locking up my computer. I wish I knew why it was happening, because I miss some of the stuff it did. Maybe when the next version comes out.