6.07.2009

Nahum 1:7

To say last week was a challenging one would probably be the understatement of the year. Have you ever had a time in your life where - literally - it took a sharp right turn? So sharp that you wonder what in the world just happened and will life EVER be "normal" again? So sharp that you feel you left your stomach (and your sanity) back behind you?


Multiply that by 10 and you might come close to where I'm at. Every plan that I had made, everything that I thought I could count on in the future (well, maybe not everything but darn near close) is gone. To say I am reeling would be appropriate.


Forgive me for being cryptic. Everything that is going on is still on-going and therefore I cannot discuss details. But I will say this: if you're the praying type, we could use them.


Big time.


I'm not one to ask for people to pray for me. Usually I ask that you join me in praying for others but to "stand" up here (can one really "stand" in a blog?) and ask for your prayers is difficult for me. But I'm here and we need them.


I will say this - I am blessed. We are blessed. Over the past 6 days I have been shown the true meaning of friendship and have discovered that I am surrounded by wonderful people whose support I do not understand how I have come to deserve. But I'll take it and be grateful for it and I pray that I am one day in a position to repay 1/2 of the kindness afforded to us by friends.


I may not post much in the near future. Doesn't mean I'm not here. Just means I don't have much to talk about. I hope to be back but we'll see.




Pau.




- hfs




p.s. Nahum 1:7 ~ The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him.

9 comments:

Sandi said...

Praying for you and those you love.

MissBirdlegs in AL said...

Putting you and yours at the top of my prayer list.

maryhuff2001 said...

You all are still in my prayers.

jck said...

In my prayers. And {hugs} for good measure.

Pogue said...

And in mine.

Anonymous said...

Prayers and hugs!

Dave Harvey said...

I'm so sorry for what you're going through, and wish I had some words of comfort that could help make sense of all this, but it would likely sound hollow at the moment.

Still, I just prayed for you and will continue to do so.

-MajHarvey

Homefront Six said...

Thanks everyone. I wish someone had words of comfort right now too. But the Major is right - they ring somewhat hollow at the moment.

Actually what I wish right now is that someone had a magic wand and could just sort this all out.

I want the life I had 8 days ago back.

Anonymous said...

E's favorite short prayer seems appropriate right now...... "God is with me all the time, God is with me all the time, God is with me all the time." Out of the mouths of babes.... He is just carrying you right now.

I love you and am constantly praying for you.

K

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...