12.16.2009

Going dark

The milblogging world - this blog included - will be "going dark" for a bit in support of fellow milblogger, CJ Grisham. Maggie has the details but the crux of the matter is,

The catalyst has been the treatment of milblogger C.J. Grisham of A Soldier's Perspective. C.J. has earned accolades and respect, from the White House on down for his honest, and sometimes blunt, discussion of issues -- particularly PTSD. In the last few months, C.J. has seen an issue with a local school taken to his command who failed to back him, and has even seen his effort to deal with PTSD, and lead his men in same by example, used against him as a part of this. Ultimately, C.J. has had to sell his blog to help raise funds for his defense in this matter.



The Army Times has a great article about the situation that you might want to check out. And feel free to help CJ out as he defends his name, his word, and his Army career. I find it reprehensible that his command not only failed to back him up on this but that they actually threw him under the school bus, so to speak.


And I realize that there has been a dearth of posting lately so my blog "going dark" for a bit really isn't anything remarkable. But blogs like Blackfive, This Ain't Hell, From My Position, and BostonMaggie will be silent as well in support which says a LOT (we all know that it is very tough for Chuck to keep his mouth shut).


Should you feel inclined to help CJ out, here is the info:

You can donate to CJ's Legal Fund by logging into PayPal, go to the send money page, and put in his email: dj_chcknhawk AT yahoo DOT com; or, you can send donations directly to:

Grisham Legal Fund
c/o Redstone Federal Credit Union
220 Wynn Drive
Huntsville, AL 35893




Pau.




- hfs

4 comments:

Jessie said...

I can't believe this.. this is atrocious! We need MORE of these bloggers! And his talk of PTSD.. that particularly hits home. Because here I sit- formally enlisted and struggling to live life with PTSD. I can't believe such attacks are being made! You can bet I'm going to write in and say something..

andrea-p said...

Hey Lia! Thanks so much for this info! Followed the link over from Facebook. I follow CJ on Twitter, but have missed a lot on his situation because of the move.

Curtis said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family. I hope that you have a happy holidays.

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read that article. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...