3.10.2010

Admitting defeat

Something I'm not good at.


But here I am, admitting defeat. I am sick. Not horribly so but enough that I'm willing to stay home from my responsibilities at church this evening. I HATE doing that. I should be there - not that I think the program can't run without me...I just know that I have responsibilities and should be there. But I am not feeling well and I need to head this off before it sidelines me. I can't afford to be sidelined until AFTER March 20th.


I took a 2.5 hour nap (not really a "nap"...more of a "sleep") this afternoon and that seems to have helped a bit but I'm still feeling crummy so I'm admitting defeat, brewing some tea, making some soup, and staying home.


I hate being sick. I'm no good at it. However, given the amount of stress I've been under for the past 9 months or so, this should have happened a LONG time ago. So I'm due. Yay.




Pau.




- hfs

2 comments:

Cannibal Panda said...

Don't feel bad about opting out of commitments when you're sick. It would be a disservice were you to attend and share the "icks" with everyone. I for one, admire those who know when to stay home- I'm sure others do as well. :) It is tough letting go and admitting defeat to colds though, so I hear what you are saying. Hope you feel better soon!

Curtis said...

What she said.

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...