2.23.2011

I was right

February is kicking my ass. And I knew it was going to do so but the intensity of said butt-kicking is surprising even me.


MacGyver finally managed to get off the island after 2.5 years but it was for an Army field trip and he only got to fly a desk. And I swear, if I didn't know better, I'd say that they planned it so that the 2 weeks that he was gone were the most inconvenient 14 days to be gone out of the entire calendar year. He managed to miss The Boy's birthday party, his actual birth DAY, a farewell to some really good friends, several important events at church that he was to be involved in, and several other personal things. Eesh.


Our good friends - who left today (which is a sob story in and of itself) - were in a really bad car wreck late last week. Their car is totaled. They are pretty beaten up but they are ok. Thankfully their children were not in the car. But scary nonetheless. Saying goodbye to them today at the airport was just a notch easier than saying goodbye to MacGyver during the last deployment. I managed to hold it together until we were out of their sight. And then I cried all the way home.


And I'm not one of those people that can manage to still look good when crying. I'm a snot-slinging mess when I cry - a blotchy, puffy, snot-slinging mess. And seeing my children upset just compounds my sadness. Actually, it kills me.


And then today - as if there wasn't enough drama going on around me, my mother called me to tell me she was in the hospital. She passed out, fell, and broke her hip. And I'm stuck here on this god-forsaken island and cannot go to her. We have neither the money or the logistics to make that happen at the moment and I.HATE.IT.


I want this month to be OVER. I am heartbroken, beat up, and tired. This day has sucked. This week has sucked. And this month has sucked and I want a refund. Right now, I hate the Army and would like it to kindly kiss my butt. Hopefully my perspective and my attitude will change but right now, I'm quite bitter and resentful. And it's not pretty.




Pau.




- hfs

4 comments:

D2 said...

((HUGS)) Keep you all in our thoughts and prayers!

DL Sly said...

0<;~[
Here's a few thoughts for ya:

Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after DVDs? I don't want to have to restart my collection.

I'm thinkin' it should probably be called Unplanned Parenthood.

And I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lights than Kay.

Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet money that everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, in the dark, the first time every time...

And last but not least,
I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? #@%^&!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?

*snnnicker*

Tie a knot at the end of that rope and hang on, it's almost over. Just don't let Mr. DeBille see ya hanging there....it'll give him *ideas* for his next grand diorama.
0>;~}

Homefront Six said...

Sly ~ I thought it was over once the board had made its decision. I keep waiting for it to be over and, while the drama that was my life has settled down considerably, everything else around me has blown up.

I'm exhausted.

Anonymous said...

Please tell your mother that the message she left on my phone has been shared with the people she wanted to notify.

I left a message on her cell also, but you will probably be talking to her sooner.

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...