7.24.2011

Adventures in moving...the "TO DO" list

So the "TO DO" list is still pretty long. And we're moving into crunch time - about 2 weeks until the movers come. So I've issued myself a challenge for tomorrow: get as many things done on the "TO DO" list as humanly possible before I go to sign language practice in the evening. Assuming I can roll my lazy butt out of bed when MacGyver heads off to PT, that will give me 12 hours to tackle the following (in no particular order of importance):


*** note to self...SUNSCREEN!!!***
- pressure wash the walkways, back lanai, driveway, lower half of house, trash and recycling bins
- run laundry
- fold and put away laundry
- wash exterior sides of windows
*** note to self...SUNSCREEN!!!***
- scrub both tubs
- wipe down/scrub out tracks of windows
- call to confirm screen repair dude
- call to set up appointment with dermatologist
*** note to self...SUNSCREEN!!!***
- pull clothes out of kids' dresser and box up/set aside for packing
- fix dress drawer pull and prep to give to friend
- scan important documents and burn copies of DVD for record-keeping purposes
- finish taking down pictures and wall decor
- dust pictures and wall decor
- wash all walls
- spackle all holes
- Home Depot: 1 pint touch up paint
- touch up paint
- bring in GINORMOUS extension ladder
- dust fan in living room
- box up remaining homeschool items and set aside as "professional gear"
- Post Office: ship boxes
- wash and wax car
- vacuum car
- take bulky items to dump
- clear out pantry - trash, give to friends, donate to foodbank
- call water company to set up shut off date


I'll post tomorrow night (if I'm not comatose) as to what all I get accomplished. *movingisfun*movingisfun*movingisfun*movingisfun*movingisfun*movingisfun*movingisfun*
*movingisfun*movingisfun*movingisfun*movingisfun*movingisfun*movingisfun*movingisfun*movingisfun*movingisfun*movingisfun*movingisfun*movingisfun*movingisfun*movingisfun*movingisfun*movingisfun*movingisfun*movingisfun*movingisfun*movingisfun*movingisfun*


If I keep telling myself this, maybe I'll believe it at some point. Fake it till you make it, right? *sigh*




Pau.




- hfs

3 comments:

DL Sly said...

Considering where you are right now, I'd think it best to take Dory's advice: "Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimmin', swimmin' swimming." And, of course, having that whole short term memory problem once this is all over and done with could possibly save what little sanity you manage to retain.
0>:~}

Homefront Six said...

I'd keep swimming but then nothing would get done around here. It's 2pm and I've tackled 5 things thus far. The pressure washer gave up out of exhaustion it seems. Grabbing a bite to eat and then we'll see if it's recovered.

Fun times, I tell you.

DL Sly said...

Sooner rather than later it'll all be over and you'll be sitting among the boxes in your new temporary home going, "How the hell did all that get done?"

Then you'll chug the rest of your drink and pass out.
heh
Just keep swimming, just keep swimming....
0>;~}

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...