12.12.2011

Changes are a-coming

Actually, they are already here. If you look to your right, you'll see the Google AdSense toolbar over there (and the Amazon widget further down the right side). I had it set up a while back but when I changed the layout, it got lost in the shuffle. And now it's back. In my efforts to eek out income any and everywhere I can, we'll see if the old blog can help out. Even a quarter is 25 cents more than I had yesterday, right?


I'm in the process of creating a new blog aimed at focusing my efforts to improve our finances. I'm not sure exactly how it's going to look just yet but I have ideas down on paper. I'll let you all know when it goes live.

In the meantime, if you're so inclined, feel free to click on any of the ads that catch your eye. Every little bit helps. And (in reference to an Ann Taylor ad I saw a few minutes ago) I scored Ann Taylor jeans - my absolute favorite jeans IN. THE. WORLD. - for half off the sale price WITH free shipping. All told, I paid about 25% of the normal retail cost ($80+) for brand new jeans. When we lived in Hawaii, I scoured Savers on a regular basis for used AT jeans. I'd find them occasionally for anywhere from $10-20. So $25 for brand new AT jeans is a STEAL especially for things I need (as opposed to simply wanting. Having spent the past 6+ years in Hawaii, I had 3 pair of jeans to my name and 1 pair is falling apart). SCORE!




Pau.



- hfs

4 comments:

bejellyfish said...

Very excited about a money saving blog! I'm starting a new grocery and money saving tactic here shortly!

Aloha!

Homefront Six said...

Ooh! Do share! I'm all for money saving tactics when it comes to groceries.

Crista said...

Couponing is KING!! I save enough to pay for kiddo's braces. I only shop once a month, except perishables. It's awesome!!

Bethanne said...

i find store brand is cheaper than couponing. You just have to be willing to not have Nabisco and whatnot in your cabinet. The white box of Walmart. :P

:D We're over our housing budget, too and it sucks...yet with five kids, we're hardpressed to find something in it. Good luck finding a way to gain a few dollars.

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...