5.28.2012

Memorial Day 2012

I've been trying to come up with something to say about Memorial Day this year but I can't. The words won't come. So I'll send you over to The Sniper's place and you can read what he wrote. He said it better than I could have.

This is an edited repost from last year.

Staff Sgt. Charles Sanders and the crew of Big Windy 25


CW2 Theodore U. "Tuc" Church and 1st Lt. Keith Heidtman

CW2 S. Blane Hepfner and CW2 J. Bryce Millward

CW2 Earl R. Scott III and CW2 Mathew C. Heffelfinger

CW3 Phillip E. Windorski

CW3 Corey J. Goodnature and the crew of Turbine 33 as well as the SEAL team they were heading to assist

SPC Thomas Allison and the crew of "Wild 42"

Chief Warrant Officer Alan W. Gunn - for whom I wear a bracelet

Clay Hunt

Lex.


My God, I miss my friends. For the ones I didn't know well or personally, my heart aches for their families - today and always. This afternoon, we will head down to the beach and float lanterns with their names on them. It's a small gesture but a gesture nonetheless. And we will remember. Always.

Feel free to leave the names of those you are remembering in the comments below.





Pau.




- hfs

2 comments:

Aadel Bussinger said...

Lance Cpl Blair

http://www.fallenheroesmemorial.com/oif/profiles/blairthomasa.html

Crista said...

SSGT Joseph Fankhauser, USMC, KIA 22 April 2012.