6.12.2012

I'm not any better at this the second time around

We're down to our last 2 days on island. It's been a WONDERFUL visit and I am incredibly grateful for the time we've been able to spend with many of the people we love. And yet, even a month hasn't been enough to be able to see everyone and do everything we wanted to do. How does that happen?


I swear there were really only 2 days that we spent just kind of relaxing here at the house. And yet, there are still several items on my list that we didn't get to. Apparently I just need to move back here and be done with it.


We have been able to do many things and I have many pictures to post. Once we get back to the land of Oz, I will start putting those up. In the meantime, I have a sick bear on my hands. The Girl picked up a cold that is doing its best to get down into her chest. I thought we might have the upper hand on it today but she spiked a mild temp this evening. If it's still there tomorrow, we're going to have to spend a few hours at the Acute Care Clinic. The last thing I want is for her to be miserable on our flight out of here. Flying sick is just rotten. Not to mention the fact that I do not want to get anyone else sick.


We're in the countdown window to the results from the promotion board. We should know by the end of next month whether MacGyver's active duty career continues or if our focus shifts elsewhere. And I have no inkling of how it will play out. But, surprisingly, I'm not stressed. Not really. I think that, as best as I am capable, I have handed this over to God. We were at Ohana group last night and a friend of mine was discussing a difficult situation in her life and how exhausted she was over it and she mentioned that her exhaustion indicated that she had not given it completely to God.


And I'm not exhausted. I'm anxious a bit but I'm not exhausted. God has proven to me time and time again that He IS in control so I am doing my best to rely on that and rest IN that knowledge and leave the rest to Him. He's worked out everything else - I have no reason to doubt He'll work this out too. In the meantime, I pray. I'm not sure what I'm praying for, to be honest. But I'm praying.


And so we say our alohas to our friends here. Doing this 10 months ago about did me in. It seems a little easier this time - maybe because MacGyver is waiting for us in Kansas. And I know we'll be back. I'm just praying that it's for good next time.




Pau.




- hfs

No comments: