7.28.2012

Would this work?

I read an article like THIS ONE, discussing how utterly unprepared students in the state of Mississippi are for school and I wonder what kind of success would be seen if the state (or, even better, a private entity/non-profit organization) would simply implement a 'Read Aloud" program, based on Jim Trelease's book, "The Read Aloud Handbook".


No, it doesn't address many of the core issues facing the Mississippi population but I wonder just how big an impact a program such as this would have. I think the results would be staggering. His book is probably one of THE most important books any teacher, any parent, any adult who interacts with children could possibly read.









Pau.




- hfs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post, I admire the writing style :) A little off topic here but what theme are you using? Looks pretty cool.

Homefront Six said...

I honestly don't remember the name of the theme (you're talking background, right?). If you click on the "Cutest Blog on the Block" banner in the upper left hand corner of this blog, it will take you to the page where I found the background.

Hope that helps!