8.04.2012

No news

No news is...well, no news. Seems the brigade commander was on leave and the brigade XO had no news. So no news. Maybe Tuesday. Maybe not. 


I heard from a friend recently - seems her husband is facing the promotion board for the second time as well. She's facing the same stress and uncertainty that I am. Maybe it's because misery loves company but knowing this makes me feel better. It's good not to be alone. As wonderful as it is to have the love and support of my family and friends (real and 'imaginary'), there's something to be said for having someone who can truly empathize.


And she shared with me a verse that has really helped to sustain her through all of this and it's the same verse that has been with me since the start of all of this: Romans 8:28. 



28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a]have been called according to his purpose.

Looking back at the past three years, it's amazing to see where we are now and the options we have that we didn't have when this all started. Things are still nerve-wracking but not nearly as terrifying as they were. So we wait. We have plans, backup plans, and backups to the backup plans. I'm updating MacGyver's resume as well as my own as well as starting to dig through aviation employment websites for job possibilities. We are planning to move but, until we find out what the promotion board's decision is, I'm not sure if we're moving in to a small condo (to save money) or another house. Either way, we'll be closer to 'town' and that should help cut down on our gas bill, which is currently painful.


If the news is good, I am going to have to seriously resist the urge to go on a spending spree. Our budget has been quite snug since all of this started and my natural tendency would be to relax the budget a bit (or chuck it completely to the wind) if the news is good. But we still have a hefty legal bill to deal with in addition to paying down our other debts. So there's that.


But we might splurge and go out to dinner. And we might let the kids order drinks AND dessert. Maybe.


In the meantime, we're enjoying the cooler temps, the occasional rain, and the 4-day weekend. Life is good. 









Pau.








- hfs

2 comments:

Kate said...

Hope you have a fabulous weekend and are able to think of other things. You continue to amaze me with your grace and patience. And you have options! Yea! Options!

But dinner with drinks AND dessert sounds pretty nice, too.

Homefront Six said...

I know...we live large, don't we?!

'...grace and patience' Those two words not words I would associate with myself! But thank you :) It's nice to know I can fake it till I make it.

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...