1.21.2013

Goals: update

It's now Monday so I'm taking a look at how I did on the whole goal thing this week. Our week was a little wonky in that MacGyver is not going into work right now - he's on permissive leave and is home during the day which tends to throw our normal routine off track. I'd say that this coming week will be better but it's a short week (Martin Luther King, Jr's birthday holiday and a few other things that will disrupt our normal schedule) so I won't fool myself into thinking that.


Here is my progress for the week:

PHYSICAL:
- exercise 3x this week  (actually only twice)
- remember to take my vitamins every day
- increase water intake: at least 1 tall glass with each meal/snack

MENTAL:
- read for at least 1 hour each day

EMOTIONAL:
- ??

SOCIAL:
- write at least 3 letters/cards and MAIL THEM (this is where I fail) (yep, they are written...and sitting on my dresser as I've not yet made it to the post office)
- call 3 people this week (I HATE talking on the phone) (I called 2 people)

SPIRITUAL:
- complete 5 days of my reading plan (still working on reading through the Bible)
- write out prayers for one specific person each day for 5 days this week
- 15 minutes of prayer time each morning (it was more like 5)



So there it is. Not too terribly bad. Had I added in "watch all episodes from seasons 1 and 2 of Downton Abbey", I would have had another goal crossed off. I love that show. Maybe I can put that under the 'Emotional' category. The funny thing is that I remember my parents watching Masterpiece Theatre when I was a child, though it was probably my dad not my mom. And now, here I am.


How did you do on your goals? 





Pau.




- hfs

1 comment:

Loreta Hoskyns said...

What a good idea i think i might start making gaols and i guess posting them online means you have to achieve them otherwise everyone will know... lol

This Lousy World

I'm currently reading Brené Brown's new book, "Braving the Wilderness" and have come to the conclusion that she is my...