5.10.2013

Poor pitiable blog

I just looked at the date of my last post and it wasn't as long ago as I thought. I was thinking it had been a month since I last posted but it's only been about 3 weeks...because, you know, that makes a difference!


The end of the school year is always a horrible time for me when it comes to writing - trying to wrap up the loose ends of the school year, yearning to get outside and soak up some Vitamin D with the sunlight (and I type that as it's currently overcast, gloomy, and 55° outside...yay spring...), plant seeds and watch stuff grow, transition from school-year activities to summer activities, spring clean, etc. all take their toll on my ability to form coherent thoughts. Spring tried to show up the other day but Mother Nature has her own ideas and we've been on quite an interesting ride of late. We saw snow the first week of May following near record temps the week before. We're now back down into something that more closely resembles spring weather (thunderstorms, breezy, warm days, cool nights, etc.) but today kind of looks and feels more like winter than spring. My knees agree. This getting old thing is for the birds. It's supposed to clear up for the weekend and into next week so that's good.


School IS wrapping up nicely. We finished history a while back and opted not to start on the next volume, instead turning our focus toward wrapping up Anatomy and our other subjects. The nice thing about being ahead in our other subjects is that we can be done when we feel like being done! So we'll be done when the public school kids are done. All in all it's been a good year. We're tweaking a few things for the upcoming school year but not much. This summer will be spent at the pool, a few art lessons, some baseball, and lots of time with friends.


I do have a tidbit of news to share...things on the job front for MacGyver are starting to work themselves out. I can't go into detail yet (nothing is solid and I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch) but the few pieces we were waiting to have fall into place have done so (yay!!!) and now it's a matter of figuring out which job offer works best for MacGyver professionally and what works best for us as a family - hopefully we can find one that does BOTH! That being said, one of them would be QUITE the adventure for our little family and has me both overwhelmed and excited, all at the same time. We shall see!


And with that, I am off for the weekend with The Girl for some one-on-one time. The Boy gets to go to his very first baseball practice with his dad and enjoy some male-bonding time as well. Two weeks of school and then it's POOL TIME!!!


What do you have in store for the spring/summer? Have a great weekend!




Pau.




- hfs

No comments: