3.20.2016

That feeling...



Like I posted earlier, music has always been a big part of my life. A soundtrack, if you will. My children have inherited this from both me and MacGyver (he's also an audiophile and loves the technical side of things, running sound for our church) and I'm currently writing this post while listening to my daughter's playlist that includes bands such as Metallica, AC/DC, Queen, Pentatonix, and Twenty-One Pilots. I love that they love music. 


I came across this picture today and the question that went along with it made me stop and relive some pretty amazing concerts I had the privilege to go to. 

What concerts have given you this feeling?

For me, there are so many. Growing up in SoCal in the 80s and 90s, just a stone's throw from Hollywood and so many amazing concert venues and in a time where parents weren't so hesitant to let their kids get out there and live, there were so many incredible concerts.

Springsteen at the Coliseum (1985) was my first. With my mom. Amazing.
WHAM at the Palladium (1985)
U2 at the Coliseum (1986)
UB40 at The Greek (multiple times). Probably my favorite venue at the time.

Metallica at the Murph (1992)
Oingo Boingo at Irvine Meadows (1990)
Depeche Mode at Dodge Stadium (1990 - graduation present!)
Red Hot Chili Peppers at the Greek (1989)
KROQ's Weenie Roast (Violent Femmes, Oingo Boingo, The Pretenders, Counting Crows, Green Day, Rollins Band, Offspring, James Beck, Afghan Whigs, Pavement, Frente, Candlebox) (1993)
Better Than Ezra at Colorado State University (1995?)
Jackopierce in Fort Collins (1996?)

This summer, some of my current favorites are headed here for concerts and I am so freaking excited! Between JJ Grey and St. Paul and the Broken Bones, I may not come down off cloud 9, musically speaking. It's been a while - too damned long - since I've been to a good concert. That ends this summer!




- hfs

2 comments:

DL Sly said...

Saw Anita Baker at the Greek in 1990. Had center row seats about 20 rows up. (It was a birthday present for a friend.)
What. A. Show.

Homefront Six said...

Sly! Good to see you back around these parts. I've missed you.