1.04.2017

NREMT!




"Examination Scored.
Congratulations on passing the NREMT National EMS Certification cognitive examination. Your passing results on the cognitive examination will remain valid for one calendar year from the date you took the examination, provided all other entry requirements of the NREMT are met. "


Goal #3 NAILED. I am a nationally registered EMT-B. It hasn't yet sunk in. Twenty-three years. Not perfect, but I'm making it work.

And now, I have nine days to catch my breath, tackle my 'TO DO' list (that hasn't really been touched since...we moved back to Kansas, if I'm being honest), and get ready for EMT-Advanced. That's an 8-month course that will add the ability to start IVs and intubate patients to my tool kit. While I'm working through that, I'll be prepping my application for Paramedic school. And if Paramedic school doesn't pan out (tough selection process for the program I'm looking to get into), then I am going to look into taking things in the Emergency Management direction. Not sure if that would be a Master's degree or just a certificate or what just yet. 

Can't sit still...

2 comments:

Theta R. said...

Congratulations!

Homefront Six said...

Thanks!! Miss you :)